Last year I spoke at the excellent safety event organised by Líder Aviação in Rio de Janeiro. My question was “Is SMS enough to make our organisations safer?” [Update, I gave a similar talk at EBASCON 2017 in Munich and I made a more elaborate resource page which details more explanation and links here]
This question came from two major organisational accidents I saw unfold from up close and which made me think about the effectiveness of our organisations in using all that safety data and actually doing something with it.
More resources can be found here.
About the Author
Jan is an experienced Safety practitioner who is always on the lookout to improve SMS and the management of safety. He coaches organisations and individuals in Safety Management.
MORE THINKING MATERIAL TO YOUR E-MAIL
- Complexity and decision making: Is SMS enough? [EBASCON 2017] 2017-02-28
- Is SMS enough? Complexity thinking and taking action… 2016-12-19
- How effective are our efforts to manage fatigue risk in aviation maintenance? 2016-06-28
- The purpose of SMS: Is SMS enough to make our organisations safer? 2015-10-20
- Seven Survival Skills for Safety Managers 2015-06-17