SAFETY MANAGEMENT SKILLS COACHING
Positively influence safety decision-making,
improve Safety Culture
become more pro-active as a safety professional.
I believe good Safety Management does not happen by itself.
I want to help you to have a positive impact on the organisation’s safety performance,
by helping you to get the best out of yourself as a safety professional and your management team.
Like Peter Drucker said;
“Management is about making people capable of joint performance,
making their strengths effective and their weaknesses irrelevant.”
To get things done in safety management, you have to be able to influence and motivate other people to take ACTIONS that improve safety.
My training as a coach and over 15 years of hands-on experience with safety management allows me to share many tools which can help you to improve your skills and effectiveness as a safety professional. I help to build your skills to;
- create a SMS workflow that is not overwhelming and allows you time to think about the important issues
- create management commitment and how to maintain it
- reframe your role as a safety professional and your relationships with the management team to become more productive
- Design Safety Goals and performance indicators that make sense for you, your organisation and the people in it.
- Design action plans to improve safety performance not just build a better SMS
- better “sell” safety solutions to both staff and management through facilitation techniques
- Design your safety meetings to be productive and constructive
What else is in it for you?
This process is not so much about knowledge, the world is changing and information is more accessible than ever.
What you know is not as important as what you are able to do with that knowledge.
The goal of SRMcoach is to help you upgrade your skills to be able to do more with what you already know so you get better results!
To develop new skills you need time to digest new information and apply it and practice. The SRM coaching process is unique in that it goes on for extended periods of time to help you achieve your goals, rather than packing everything in a single course of 3 days and then walk away to let you figure out things on your own.
The process is very much geared to help you develop your safety management thinking. At times the coach can give technical knowledge at other times he helps you to develop and validate your ideas.
What’s in it for your boss? (a.k.a. how to justify going to this course)
Your management is obliged to spend quite a lot of time in safety meetings.
If these meetings are like most, probably they feel like a lot of time is wasted without much results.
Your improved skills in communication, collaboration, presenting information concisely will help your organisation to
- identify problems quicker and frame them more constructively as a team,
- problem-solve more effectively and
- stream-line the decision making process so that each meeting leads to concrete pro-active ACTIONS.
If you think about it, as a technical person a lot of money was invested in you to develop your technical skills as a pilot or engineer.
Your impact as a safety manager should be a lot bigger than as an operator.
How much have you invested in developing your skills as a Safety Manager lately?
What is this process NOT?
Where most courses focus on the technicalities of Safety Management Systems, and what you should have to comply,
this process helps you to learn about yourself and other people and how to get the best out of them.
As such, we will talk very little about SMS, ICAO doc’s safety databases, report formats, etc.
This is not a course to tell you what you need to do to merely comply with regulations or tick boxes.
This course is meant as a pragmatic resource for safety professionals who want to increase their impact and improve safety performance.
Who will coaching you?
Jan Peeters is an experienced safety risk management practitioner who ran Safety departments at small and medium airlines.
He has also extensive experience as a Safety Improvement consultant with a large global firms which has given him the opportunity to work on world-wide projects in very diverse aviation organisations.
He trained himself and practices as a professional coach and uses coaching tools to help increase performance.
He is a passionate trainer who has delivered numerous courses to all possible sectors of the aviation industry.
His knowledge of 6 European languages is a great asset to quickly establish meaningful communication during his consultancy projects in the various corners of the world.
Coaching is available in Dutch, English, Spanish and French.
Where do I sign up?
Send me an e-mail to email@example.com or call me on +34 601093969 to learn more.
- +34 601 093969
- Skype: "Janelviajero"
- 16 May 2018Why do Safety Management Systems fail?
- 19 Nov 2017Our (mis)understanding of complexity in Safety: it´s not complicated it´s complex!
- 28 Feb 2017Complexity and decision making: Is SMS enough? [EBASCON 2017]
- 19 Dec 2016Is SMS enough? Complexity thinking and taking action…
- 28 Jun 2016How effective are our efforts to manage fatigue risk in aviation maintenance?