Managing the risk of organisational accidents – James Reason
This is the book which launched the so-called “Swiss Cheese” model of safety. Another oft quoted model is that of the “Safety Space”.
Although this book is already quite old, much of it still applies.
Especially useful to read to refresh yourself on what the real message is of the “Swiss cheese” model, as it is often mis-quoted or incompletely explained.
This book influenced a lot of safety thinking and its models are widely referred to in the ICAO doc 9859 and others.
- +34 601 093969
- Skype: "Janelviajero"
- 16 May 2018Why do Safety Management Systems fail?
- 19 Nov 2017Our (mis)understanding of complexity in Safety: it´s not complicated it´s complex!
- 28 Feb 2017Complexity and decision making: Is SMS enough? [EBASCON 2017]
- 19 Dec 2016Is SMS enough? Complexity thinking and taking action…
- 28 Jun 2016How effective are our efforts to manage fatigue risk in aviation maintenance?